Latitude Group Travel has extensive experience in worldwide educational group travel.
Essentials for safe touring around the world
- We recommend the use of a full time Tour Director who will organise all the logistics for your tour and will provide knowledgeable commentary. They will solve a problem often before you even know there was one! Your tour director is also responsible for safety on tour and will take action if required, to ensure that everything runs smoothly. He/She has strict protocols to follow in the event of something happening requiring their intervention
- Latitude Group Travel provides lanyards with all the relevant emergency numbers on the back, including yours, if you wish. These are for everybody to wear at all times, ensuring that they can call whomever they need at any time
- We have a 24/7 emergency contact number which reaches our experienced staff, who encourage you to call for any reason
- We follow the guidelines from Smartraveller and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, including reviewing the safety levels of the countries to which you are travelling.
- In the event of a serious incident, DFAT knows where you are at all times. We will be in contact with them to obtain their advice on the best course of action, which we will follow immediately. You can rest assured that by liaising with the government department responsible for managing and caring for Australians overseas, we will know exactly what to do and how to achieve the best possible outcome for you and your group
- As members of AFTA – the Australian Federation of Travel Agents – we are also able to obtain useful advice from them. They are experts in crisis management and will assist their members with any event that may occur
- We offer an excellent group travel insurance policy, but if your school has its own insurance, we offer to review that to ensure its suitability of coverage
- We choose accommodation that has inside corridors and is located in safe areas. We are careful to ensure that you are not going to be bothered by other guests as much as possible by having the student rooms located as close together as possible, near the chaperones
- Our coaches meet the local laws and safety standards