“We are not makers of History. We are made by History”
Latitude Group Travel custom designs tours to link to the History curriculum. Our expertise enables us to develop or identify specific, curriculum-linked, experiential learning activities to engage your students in active learning. We also take into account the General Capabilities in the Australian Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile. Because of our partnership with the History Teachers’ Association of Victoria, we have access to their people, knowledge and resources, which keeps our knowledge current and the experiential learning activities included in the tours relevant and of the highest quality. HTAV has been instrumental in the inclusion of the specific projects that Latitude Group Travel designs for History tours.
COMBINING SUBJECTS ON THE ONE TOUR
Our expertise allows us to organise your tour so that several subject groups can travel together successfully. Imagine all of your groups concurrently engaged in their own area of interest – workshop, clinic, class or themed guided tour (and more). Combine your IB students with your mainstream curriculum and we will ensure relevant activities for both groups. Later, enjoy sightseeing and a range of other experiences together, so the groups feel as one. History can easily be combined with Art and/or a language or any other subject choices you wish to make. Considering a tour in this way will assist with economies of scale and helps meet your minimum participant number requirement.
Unconditional support every step of the way
At Latitude Group Travel, we’re here to make your travel experience enjoyable and stress free. We simplify the group travel process for you by taking care of all the details, leaving nothing to chance. From the moment you start planning your trip, we are with you every step of the way. Your experience is delivered in one seamless process and all the planning, preparation, logistics and hard work is done for you. With our knowledgeable tour directors by your side and our whole team behind you, you will have an extraordinary, safe, easy and rewarding travel experience – without any of the hassle!
HISTORY SUBJECT ACTIVITIES
Our itineraries allow your group to take in iconic sights, combined with as many classes, workshops, themed guided tours and curriculum-linked, experiential learning activities as you wish. We ensure that academic and practical endeavours are age and experience appropriate. Our knowledge of the curriculum (state, national and International Baccalaureate, along with any other curriculum you may teach) and our consultative process, ensures that we understand the learning outcomes required by you.
Example experiential learning activities:
- Learn the secrets of stone carving in Greece where ancient techniques of carving marble are still in use
- Explore the origins of America’s Revolutionary War by visiting Lexington and Concord – and the locations of the many subsequent events that led to Jefferson’s draft of the Declaration of Independence
- A “Women of World War 1” workshop follows a young woman on her journey through the long war years in England
- Visit this European library to investigate primary sources of this major event. Order your selected sources online prior to departure and they’ll be waiting for you when you arrive
- Allow us to develop a set of experiential projects for your group – usually one project per pair of students. They will gather specific, subject relevant information while on tour and complete the project on their return. Ultimately they’ll present the final result to their History class, the tour group or perhaps to parents and teachers! These projects are a great way to encourage students to truly understand and learn about what they see while on tour
OPEN THEIR EYES TO A WORLD OF POSSIBILITY
We’re committed to helping teachers and their students bring History to life, by creating memorable and unique experiences.
Rather than just sightseeing, which is often what is provided for a History tour, we provide activities and projects to help your students develop critical thinking skills, to assist them in understanding primary and secondary sources and to engage them in active learning of the History subject you have chosen. We even develop our own projects for you, when workshops and other externally driven activities are not available. These are free of charge, but add value to the learning process by using observation, questions, answers, investigation and discussion. The projects commence in situ on tour and are completed on the group’s return, resulting in real learning and a tangible outcome that can be shared with others, if you wish
HISTORY CURRICULUM SUBJECTS
- History – Ancient History
- History – Modern History
- Ancient History
- Modern History
- Australian History
- Global Empires
- Twentieth Century History
- International Baccalaureate DP
- Classical Studies
- Integrated Humanities