DESIGNING YOUR TOUR
- Take a comprehensive brief from the organising teacher. This usually involves more of your time up front, but then allows us to understand your goals, budget, specific tour requirements and desired learning outcomes
- Refer to the relevant curriculum to understand what is being taught at your school
- Custom design your tour to fit with your desired outcomes and to link with the curriculum. Investigate and identify suitable experiential learning activities to be included in the itinerary
- Once the itinerary is reviewed and proofed, we send it to you for review and evaluation. We then speak with you to see if you would like to make any changes before we cost the itinerary
- Changes are made and the costings and quote prepared
- Our quotes are prepared based on three exchange rates: the current exchange rate, points higher and points lower. This is so you can see the differences if the currency exchange rate changes. We would rather do this than, like some other companies, forward plan an exchange rate and bulk up the quote to compensate if the exchange rate drops. We think it is fair that if the exchange rate goes your way you pay less, but if it drops, you pay exactly what the tour costs, rather than having any arbitrary figure in the quote for compensation
PLANNING FOR THE BIG TRIP
- If you accept the itinerary and quote, we will come out to your school ( anywhere in Australia and New Zealand) to present to your students and their parents.
- Prior to the presentation, if you wish, we can prepare a properly designed flyer at a small extra cost
- Should you be an international school, we will prepare the presentation for you and be available by Skype or telephone to answer any questions on the night
- We will provide you with an excellent, inexpensive group travel insurance product – or if you have school insurance, we will happily review this for you to ensure you are adequately covered
- We provide registration forms, insurance forms and a school contract, which only needs to be signed once you have the minimum numbers you have set, in order to trigger the signing of the contract with us
- We will advise on visa requirements
- While we ask you to collect the forms, we will prepare a spreadsheet regularly for you on who has registered and what forms we are missing
- During the process of booking the tour, we will refer hotels for approval and will assist you with any paperwork or letters required from the school. In fact we will write any letters required from the school, so that all you have to do is to put them on letterhead and ask the appropriate person to sign them
- We advise an any other requirements such as DVDs for auditions for performing arts tours, special forms to be signed for particular activities and anything else required to ensure that the tour runs smoothly
- About 4 to 6 weeks prior to departure we will provide a pre-departure presentation covering safety, visas, vaccinations, packing, treatment of medicines and much more. We can even have a separate meeting with the chaperones to discuss safety procedures
- At this meeting we provide lanyards with all emergency numbers on the back ( including those of the chaperones if required) and travel notes, detailing a packing list, customs of the country to which you are travelling and information on luggage restrictions and requirements
ON TOUR AND RETURN
- When it is time to depart, you’ll know that we are only a phone call away as we maintain a 24/7 emergency number for you to call with even the smallest of issues. If we don’t know, we can’t fix it!
- Your tour director will meet you at your destination and he/she will take care of all the logistics from start to finish. They will also provide knowledgeable commentary along the way, alongside specialists guides who have been hired where necessary
- We will send you a survey for the chaperones and one for the students, which we really encourage you all to complete – we want to know what you loved and what you would do again – as much as we need to understand if something didn’t quite go according to plan
- Finally, we will call you to discuss your tour and to hear, first hand, just how much everyone enjoyed themselves and what the students learned. We would like to know what you would do again and what you might change. The more you tell us, the more we can tweak your tour next time to get it even closer to the perfect experience!