“Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties”
THE ARTS TOURS
Latitude Group Travel custom designs tours to link to The Arts curricula, including Visual Arts, Media Arts and all similar subjects, including the IB subjects Film and Visual Arts. Our expertise enables us to develop or identify specific, curriculum-linked, experiential learning activities to engage your students in active learning.
COMBINING SUBJECTS ON THE ONE TOUR
Our expertise allows us to organise your tour so that several subject groups can travel together successfully. Imagine all of your groups concurrently engaged in their own area of interest – workshop, clinic, class or themed guided tour (and more). Combine your IB students with your mainstream curriculum and we will ensure relevant activities for both groups. Later, enjoy sightseeing and a range of other experiences together, so the groups feel as one. Art subjects can easily be combined with History and/or a language. Considering a tour in this way will assist with economies of scale and helps meet your minimum participant number requirement.
We run specific activities for each group concurrently: Visual Arts, Media, Dance, Drama, Music (Vocal and Instrumental), Theatre, Film and more if you wish, so that each group may be doing a workshop or other activity concurrently. This means that each group’s specific learning needs are met. Should you prefer to take your Visual Arts, Media Arts or Film students on tour without the performing arts students, we can develop some enticing, remarkable arts tours covering everything from photography to graffiti, fine art to fluorescent art, film to television, all combined with practical hands-on lessons. Art students can even sketch in the greatest of art galleries. There are so many possibilities!
Unconditional support every step of the way
At Latitude Group Travel, we’re here to make your travel experience enjoyable and stress free. We simplify the group travel process for you by taking care of all the details, leaving nothing to chance. From the moment you start planning your trip, we are with you every step of the way. Your experience is delivered in one seamless process and all the planning, preparation, logistics and hard work is done for you. With our knowledgeable tour directors by your side and our whole team behind you, you will have an extraordinary, safe, easy and rewarding travel experience – without any of the hassle!
THE ARTS SUBJECT ACTIVITIES
Our itineraries allow your group to take in iconic sights, combined with as many classes, workshops, themed guided tours, Q & A sessions with professionals, one on one coaching, attending shows and curriculum-linked, experiential learning activities as you wish. We ensure that academic and practical endeavours are age and experience appropriate. Our knowledge of the curriculum (state, national and International Baccalaureate, along with any other curriculum you may teach) and our consultative process, ensures that we understand the learning outcomes required for your tour.
Example experiential learning activities:
- Take a workshop on “the Art of Persuasion” or one of many subjects at this media centre
- Tour NBC studios or similar
- Learn to program a cartoon or video game
- Take a sketching workshop in front of a major artwork in a famous art museum
- Walk in the footsteps of one of the Masters, learning about their life and the most important locations in which they lived and worked
- Take a graffiti tour, with the possibility of focussing on Banksy or a specific location
- Allow an art expert to take you on a walking tour of this iconic area, known for its galleries of mostly modern art
Film or Film, Television and New Media
- Learn about all of the specific people and positions required on a set, through a Q & A session with specialists in each area
- Visit sites where scenes from iconic films or TV shows were filmed
- Make your own short film, with some students acting and others taking the role of director, lighting or one of the other important roles in making a film
- Take a workshop at this well known media centre on the nuances of what a film can project to its audience
- Take a photography workshop to improve your skills and techniques
- Visit a famous photography gallery and compare the photographer’s art with your own. Learn new techniques as you review his/her photographs
- Take a camera workshop to assist you in choosing the types of cameras you will need for different modes of photography
- Visit this famous design museum, focussing mainly on mid-century modern, to understand some of the iconic designs of that time
- Take a design-focussed workshop, learning the art of iterative design
- Undertake a specific costume design workshop
- Take an architecture tour and focus on the design of buildings by a specific architect or in a specific location
OPEN THEIR EYES TO A WORLD OF POSSIBILITY
We’re committed to helping teachers and their students bring The Arts to life, by creating memorable and unique experiences
These will including active learning, workshops, Art, Media or Film classes, critical thinking through working with an expert art critic, Q & A sessions and more. We can also design tours with these experiential learning activities for any of the related Art subjects taught in each state. If your school is not in Australia, we can design a great tour for your curriculum too!
THE ARTS CURRICULUM SUBJECTS
- Visual Communication Design
- Visual Art
- Studio Arts
- Film, Television and New Media
- Media Production and Analysis
- Visual Arts
- Media Arts
- Visual Arts
- Visual Communication Design
- Visual Art
- Integrated Visual Arts