We collect personal information to undertake our business activities and comply with legal and administrative obligations. We do not collect sensitive information unless there is client consent or it is required by law or by other requirements.
Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd collects, holds and uses personal information in the following areas:
Consumer information is usually collected via registration forms, credit card authority forms, purchase of value added products, promotions, competitions and consumer queries
Information may include:
- Your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
- Information required to travel overseas, including passport, full name, date of birth and itinerary details
- Information about your preference for products we offer
- A record of any queries you have made
- Your dietary requirements
- Your next of kin
- Other information required for the lodgement of the DFAT return and for airlines
- Credit card details if this is how you wish to pay for your tour
Purposes for collecting the information
Wherever possible, Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
- To contact you directly about Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd, its brands, special offers and promotions
- To inform you of Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd products or promotions we think may interest you
- To approve transactions you wish to make
- To confirm your identity
- To provide you with products you have requested
- To follow up or pursue any queries you make
- To enable us to contact people nominated by you in case of emergency while you are participating in a Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd tour
- To conduct consumer research.
Website collection of personal information
How we manage personal information
Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. We undertake steps to protect your information and our staff are fully appraised of the importance of client personal information and the fact that it should not be misused or have unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
In the case of promotions, competitions & other marketing activities for consumers – all entries become the property of Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd (and any third parties conducting joint promotions with Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd).
Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd supports permission-based marketing. Where consent exists, Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd may enter your details into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd, its brands, special offers, consumer research and other promotions.
You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by us by contacting Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd or by opting out of accepting any promotions emails or by contacting the Privacy Officer. Contact details are outlined below under ‘Access and correction of details’.
Except where you are otherwise notified, Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. We review personal information in a timely fashion to ensure that it is up to date and accurate. We will hold your personal information for as long as it is required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose and only for the purpose of providing services to Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
- Organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, airlines, ground operators, restaurants, suppliers of activities and workshops, sightseeing organisations, guides or tour directors, organisations that run sites included in our itineraries
- Credit reference agencies or other credit providers
- Government or statutory authorities.
These organisations may directly contact you on behalf of Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd.
Access and correction of details
You can access personal information Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd holds on you by contacting the Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd Privacy Officer in writing. If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd to correct the information. In normal circumstances we will provide you with access to personal information upon request, however in some circumstances there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If access is denied we will inform you as to the reasons why.
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, please contact the Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd Privacy Officer at:
Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd
D3.0, 63-85 Turner Street
Port Melbourne, VIC, 3207
Telephone: (03) 9646 4200
Facsimile: (03) 9646 1379
Email: [email protected]
Revised by Latitude Group Travel Pty Ltd
*** Employment – Personal information collected from our contractors, as with Business Relations above, typically relates to that information necessary for the proper and efficient conduct of business, especially in relation to the engagement of the contractor’s services. Information is also collected from potential employees in the recruitment process.
For more information about your privacy visit http://privacy.gov.au