Depth Studies Science Fieldwork Tours
In response to the recent changes to the NSW Science curriculum, Latitude Group Travel is introducing Depth Studies fieldwork programs, covering each Science subject and module.
Latitude Group Travel custom designs 3 day fieldwork programs to link to each NSW Science subject and module.
Our expertise enables us to develop, curriculum-linked, experiential learning activities – specifically fieldwork – to engage your students in active learning.
STIMULATE YOUR STUDENTS’ INTEREST IN SCIENCE BY GETTING THEM OUT OF THE CLASSROOM AND INTO REAL-WORLD ENVIRONMENTS
- Cover data collection and analysis
- Address the two required Knowledge and Understanding criteria and more
- Include the required Working Scientifically requirements and more
- Allow students to ask questions of experts in their fields
- Allow them to produce a fieldwork report or to further investigate the topic/s
- Provide impetus for students to complete their depth study
- Provide time to collect data for their chosen hypothesis for their Depth Study assessment task
Each Depth Study Fieldwork Program has been carefully crafted by subject and module, with exciting activities
We will provide support in the form of a short workshop to help students form inquiry questions.
- Run an excursion across multiple modules
- Link your depth study to an assessment task
- Custom design an itinerary for your predefined inquiry questions
and field trip ideas
- Create a unique program for the Scientific Research Portfolio
requirements for Science Extension
Our programs are available for any science subject, any module, any time of the year and will immerse your students in inspirational, real-world STEM experiences.
• Investigate the ‘pink lake’ and its mysteries
• Create rockets using different fuels
• Investigate the enthalpy of plant respiration in rock-pools
• Tag and identify fish in a zone of significant natural and anthropological diversity
• Investigate how different people experience taste at a food innovation lab
• Better understand the interaction between electricity and magnetism at a hydro-electric facility
Design and delivery partners :
OPEN THEIR EYES TO A WORLD OF POSSIBILITY
For the delivery of the Chemistry and Physics Depth Study programs, we have partnered with Science education specialists, Fizzics Education. If you know them, you will know that they normally work at your school, providing educational experiences, however for these Depth Studies, each module takes place in a real world situation outside the classroom, as do all the other modules, developed by Latitude Group Travel.
Latitude Group Travel is Australia’s leading provider of educational programs and study tours, both nationally and internationally. We are passionate about ensuring students become excited about the possibilities in Science/STEM and wish to support teachers in creating Australia’s future STEM professionals.
Our other programs include:
- World-wide, custom-designed STEM tours
- The 5 day Real World Design Challenge
- A unique Mission Discovery program which brings a NASA Astronaut and NASA personnel to Australia
- The 5 day Engineering/Robotics program
Understanding that Depth Studies is the most pressing issue for NSW teachers we have developed a comprehensive brochure to provide you with further information, or please call us on 03 9646 4200.