“To have another language is to possess another soul’
We understand the required outcomes of the Australian, IB and states curricula and will design a curriculum linked, bespoke tour that supports classroom learning. By fostering a partnership with Latitude Group Travel, your school will gain new ways to engage and educate students. Our expertise means that, in conjunction with our specialist contacts, we can design and develop specific curriculum linked, experiential learning activities to engage your students in active learning. We emphasise programs that contribute to the development of creative and innovative thinking, problem solving skills and the ability to engage with new disciplines. Our tours are designed to support your school’s own programs, which provide the opportunity for students to reach their full potential
COMBINING SUBJECTS ON THE ONE TOUR
Our expertise allows us to organise your tour so that several subject groups can travel together successfully. Imagine all of your groups concurrently engaged in their own area of interest – workshop, clinic, class or themed guided tour (and more). Combine your IB students with your mainstream curriculum and we will ensure relevant activities for both groups. Later, enjoy sightseeing and a range of other experiences together, so the groups feel as one. Language can easily be combined with Art and/or History, if you wish. Considering a tour in this way will assist with economies of scale and helps meet your minimum participant number requirement.
Unconditional support every step of the way
At Latitude Group Travel, we’re here to make your travel experience enjoyable and stress free. We simplify the group travel process for you by taking care of all the details, leaving nothing to chance. From the moment you start planning your trip, we are with you every step of the way. Your experience is delivered in one seamless process and all the planning, preparation, logistics and hard work is done for you. With our knowledgeable tour directors by your side and our whole team behind you, you will have an extraordinary, safe, easy and rewarding travel experience – without any of the hassle!
LANGUAGE SUBJECT ACTIVITIES
Our itineraries allow your group to take in iconic sights, combined with as many classes, workshops, themed guided tours and curriculum-linked, experiential learning activities as you wish. We ensure that academic and practical endeavours are age and experience appropriate. Our knowledge of the curriculum (state, national and International Baccalaureate, along with any other curriculum you may teach) and our consultative process, ensures that we understand the learning outcomes required.
Example experiential learning activities:
- Learn the secrets of stone carving in Greece where ancient marble carving is still in use
- Learn to cook the local cuisine, taking your class in the language you are studying
- Take a workshop in art, jewellery-making, leather, or similar in the local language
- See a show or take in the theatre in a your chosen language
- Take the guided tours of the iconic sights of the area in the language you are studying
- Take five mornings of language classes, designed to suit the age and skills of the students and then take five different afternoon excursions all in the language of your choice. These excursions can range from a walking tour to an art class, all designed for your students to practice their language skills
- Go to a nearby market to buy lunch and haggle with the locals, in order to practice conversational language skills
OPEN THEIR EYES TO A WORLD OF POSSIBILITY
We’re committed to helping teachers and their students bring Languages to life, by creating memorable and unique experiences.
By creating excursions, identifying classes and offering other experiential learning activities, we give students more opportunities to practice their language skills in situ and in situations that encourage them to learn to speak conversationally to others. They also have the chance to learn specific words and phrases usually used only in certain situations.
LANGUAGE CURRICULUM SUBJECTS
Australian Curriculum Senior Secondary Subjects
- Any language taught at this level
State Curricula Senior Secondary Subjects
- Any language taught at this level
International Baccalaureate DP
- Classical languages SL/HL
- Language B SL/HL
- Language ab initio SL
- Any language that you teach
Australian Curriculum F-10 Subjects
- Modern Greek
- Any other language taught at your school
States Curricula F-10 subjects
- Any language
International Baccalaureate MYP
- Chinese (Mandarin)