“Geography is an earthly subject, but a heavenly science.”
Latitude Group Travel custom designs tours to link to the Geography curriculum. Our expertise enables us to develop or identify specific, curriculum-linked, experiential learning activities – specifically fieldwork – to engage your students in active learning. We take into account the General Capabilities in the Australian Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile and take personal growth qualities as seriously as we do gaining knowledge of Geography. Because of our partnership with the Geography Teachers’ Association of Victoria,we have access to their resources which keeps our knowledge current and the fieldwork included in the tours relevant and of the highest quality
COMBINING SUBJECTS ON THE ONE TOUR
Our expertise allows us to organise your tour so that several subject groups can travel together successfully. Imagine all of your groups concurrently engaged in their own area of interest – fieldwork for the Geography students and a workshop, clinic, class or themed guided tour (and more) for the other groups. Combine your IB students with your mainstream curriculum and we will ensure relevant fieldwork for both groups. Later, enjoy sightseeing and a range of other experiences together, so the groups feel as one. Considering a tour in this way will assist with economies of scale and helps meet your minimum participant number requirement.
Unconditional support every step of the way
At Latitude Group Travel, we’re here to make your travel experience enjoyable and stress free. We simplify the group travel process for you by taking care of all the details, leaving nothing to chance. From the moment you start planning your trip, we are with you every step of the way. Your experience is delivered in one seamless process and all the planning, preparation, logistics and hard work is done for you. With our knowledgeable tour directors by your side and our whole team behind you, you will have an extraordinary, safe, easy and rewarding travel experience – without any of the hassle!
GEOGRAPHY SUBJECT ACTIVITIES
Our itineraries allow your group to take in iconic sights, combined with as many fieldwork experiences, classes, workshops, themed guided tours and curriculum-linked, experiential learning activities as you wish. We ensure that academic and practical endeavours are age and experience appropriate. Our knowledge of the curriculum (state, national and International Baccalaureate, along with any other curriculum you may teach) and our consultative process, ensures that we understand the learning outcomes you require.
Example experiential learning activities:
- This full day workshop examines the issue of responsible tourism and sustainable development, while researching and producing a hypothetical community project, relevant to a particular country
- At this ecologically focussed centre, students can explore issues of environment, sustainability and renewable energy through education programs which offer them a range of activities, including the opportunity to climb a wind turbine. Students can also visit an organic biodiversity garden, see the tracking solar panel and experience the eco-building design
- Take a tour with scientists or meteorologist to directly observe a glacier and analyse ice core data to answer questions about the impact human activity has on the climate and the science behind global warming
- Recognise the issues affecting food security by visiting coffee plantations, rice farming communities or palm oil plantations and develop lobbying skills, in group action workshops, on fair trade issues
- Spend a day with the volcanoes for Hazards and Disasters fieldwork. You’ll have a magnificent view of the caldera, walk through a lava tube and hear about the whole volcanic area from professional volcanologists. It’s a day you’ll never forget!
OPEN THEIR EYES TO A WORLD OF POSSIBILITY
We’re committed to helping teachers and their students bring Geography to life, by creating memorable and unique experiences, including a large proportion of fieldwork, the building blocks of data collection for the Geographer to study.
And remember – if you are not located in Australia, we can develop an itinerary for your curriculum too
GEOGRAPHY CURRICULUM SUBJECTS