The Finnish Education System
Teacher Professional Development Tour
Helsinki, 29 September – 7 October 2018
Immerse yourself in one of the world’s leading education systems
Join your colleagues on a private, custom designed teacher professional development tour to understand how Finland has managed to consistently remain at the top of the PISA Scale for education … despite having the shortest school year in the western world.
FINLAND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TEACHER TOUR
Finland remains consistently at the top of the PISA scale for education – despite having the shortest school year in the western world.
Experience first-hand the Finnish difference with interactive visits to several schools
Participate in interactive sessions with education experts focusing on different principals each day such as “Less is More” and “No Dead Ends”
Each day builds on knowledge previously gained
Regular opportunities to interact with Finnish teachers and students
Tour the highlights of Helsinki, the jewel in the crown of Finland
Depart Australia. Flights will be arranged from your closest capital city. You will arrive in Helsinki early the following day
Enjoy a guided city tour today where you will see such sights as Temppeliaukio, Suomenlinna, the Senate Square and Helsinki Cathedral.
Today you will commence Day 1 of your 5 day Finnish Study Tour Program. The morning will consist of an introduction to the Finnish education system followed by a school visit in the afternoon where you will have the opportunity to speak with teachers and students.
Day 2 of your Finnish Study Tour Program. This morning’s focus is Curriculum and Assessment in Finnish Basic Education. The program will include another visit to a Finnish school during the afternoon.
Day 3 of your Finnish Study Tour Program. Today you will be looking at educational support – inclusive education, guidance, counselling and student welfare services. After lunch take a guided visit to an integrated class.
Day 4 of your Finnish Study Tour Program. This morning your program includes a look at open and flexible learning spaces.
The final day of your Finnish Study Tour Program. The focus for this morning is leadership and management in Finnish schools. The program will include another valuable school visit. At the conclusion of the program there will be the opportunity to reflect and evaluate what you have learned. Enjoy a farewell dinner tonight.
Transfer to Helsinki airport for your flight home to Australia.
Arrive home to Australia.
- Cost: This exceptional tour costs between $5500 and $6500 (depending on numbers) including flights to Helsinki from any airport in Australia (a minimal surcharge may apply for regional areas). The cost includes twin share accommodation (single supplement applies), 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 3 dinners and all transportation while you are on tour.
- To book, a deposit of $1000 is required by 17th March 2018
- The tour should be tax deductible (please note that we are not financial advisers and this should be taken as general information only)
- Carefully crafted, curriculum linked itinerary specifically designed in conjunction with Adolescent Success for teacher PD
- Escorted by a professional tour director for added security and expertise
- Safe, well located accommodation and modern coaches
- Support provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week while on tour
- Pre-departure meeting and briefing for participating teachers
This tour provides an extraordinary understanding of what makes the Finnish school system so different, yet so successful. The unforgettable interactive and experiential program delivers such exceptional training and access to the Finnish school system that you will leave Helsinki with very real, useful, practical knowledge that could make a significant difference at your school.